Did you know that more and more adults are seeking help for problems related to the signs, symptoms and/or behavior of people with ADD/ADHD? ADD/ADHD is a bioneurological disorder that affects the prefrontal cortex of the brain and challenges areas of attention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. It’s been known for some time that attention deficit disorder (ADD); attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects a significant number of children. Go ahead and check the benefits on your health, reducing stress and anxiety levels quickly.
It is estimated that anywhere between four to twelve percent of children in the United States suffer from ADD/ADHD. These symptoms continue into adulthood. It’s my estimation and that of my colleagues that many entrepreneurs show signs of ADD/ADHD as well. In addition, 85% of the people living with ADD/ADHD have yet to be diagnosed and sadly 25% of the people incarcerated have ADD/ADHD.
ADD/ADHD affects areas of organization, time management, and productivity. It is related to issues of procrastination, stress, and anxiety to name but a few. Many doctors recommend to use hemp oil cbd to overcome this problems. With these in mind, all the more reason to become acutely aware of these signs whether to recognize them in yourself; the possibility you may have ADD/ADHD or to be aware a family member, friend, classmate and/or colleague who could be having difficulties in their lives because of symptoms related to ADD/ADHD. Below are my Top Ten clues that may lead you to at least an evaluation for adult ADD/ADHD and/or to seek treatment.
- Are you easily sidetracked and become bored in relatively short amounts of time?
- Do you have difficulty getting started knowing exactly what you have to do?
- Do you have difficulty sitting still for short periods of time or in various situations?
- Do you have difficulty sustaining attention in social situations and are you accused of not paying attention?
- Are you unable to maintain long-term relationships
- Do you have difficulty remembering conversations and/or are you easily distracted when spoken to directly?
- Do you have difficulty following through on instructions, failing to do work and duties in the workplace or even in your own business?
- Is it difficult to organize tasks and activities and then to get them completed?
- Are you making careless mistakes at work or at home?
- Do you have a tendency to overpromise and then under deliver?
Does this sound like you or perhaps someone you know? You may wish to follow up with a visit to a doctor knowledgeable in the ADD/ADHD.
The symptoms above relate primarily to inattention. In the near future, I will give you the next top ten symptoms, signs and/or behaviors of hyperactivity and impulsivity.
Would you like more information on succeeding personally and professionally? Contact me!